Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A pitch on spot.us

So I was looking at spot.us in preparation for tonight's speaker David and saw this...

---------
After Proposition K failed this November, sex workers in California have faced the fact that the voting majority still looks at sex work as a dirty job. That doesn't mean it's not a lucrative one though, even in tough economic times. While the recession may be bad for savings and morale, it's good for sex.

A recent study says the sale of sex toys and lingerie are up since the economy hit bottom. A report from The L.A. Times however claims that legal prostitutes in Nevada are facing harder times than ever. Which is it here in San Francisco? Is the recession good or bad for an industry that employs thousands of SF locals at jobs we often overlook? More here
---------

So I say I no longer worry about newspapers going out of work, I'm worried about the strip joints and prositutes that hang around the North Beach district of San Francisco (where my good buddies Ryan and Strat live).

Yes I'm joking. :)

No comments: