Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How I Spent St. Patrick's Day - I swear


My St. Patrick's Day didn't involve as much debauchery as it has in the past, but I did do a lot of walking. My travels on foot in San Francisco on St. Paddy's day took me past none other than the building at 901 Mission Street. Can you guess what is at that address?

Yeah, it's the offices of the San Francisco Chronicle.

I swear I was not drunk (I only had a beer and a half by that point), but I thought it would be so cool to take a picture of myself in front of the Chronicle offices doing a Trojan victory sign and put it on my class blog. Consider it my way of pumping the hurting Chronicle full of Trojan spirit to help them through these tough times (take THAT Cal and Stanford!!!).

But, woe as me, I forgot to transfer the damned picture off my girlfriend's camera and her internet is down so she can't e-mail it to me.

But I swear the picture exists.

I don't have it here right now but I swear it exists.

I swear.

Am I swearing enough?

Then I thought it would be really funny to get drunk at the bar we were heading to and then bang on the door of the Chronicle offices and yell, "Hang in there guys!!!" But I actually wound up not drinking much more that night --- probably for the best because I'm sure it would have gotten me thrashed by the Chronicle's front desk security guard. He looked really big when I peaked in through the glass door.

I also thought it would be cool to do the same thing to the Las Vegas newspaper (whatever the Las Vegas newspaper is called) once I went to Las Vegas, but I forgot.

This compelling blog post is brought to you by lethargy.

No comments: